Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day by day

I'm working on a new knitting project: a little pocket done with seed stitch. I plan to make myself a bunch of little pocket bags for storing various things in various bags. This is my attempt to make my life more organized since I have been living amongst small messes as of late. I'm creative, and I can't help being messy, but I get pissed off at myself if a mess lingers too long. It's so difficult to maintain a certain level of cleanliness if I never spend much time in a room. Especially my bedroom...I'm asleep or changing clothes. Usually changing in a relatively hurried state. And it's so small, if I drop a shirt on the ground, it looks akin to the damages a of a sudden windstorm.

And there are certain bad habits I need to break. When clothes are dirty, it is the most difficult thing in the world for me to actually place the clothes inside the hamper. I'll just throw it ontop of it and say that I'll take care of it later. Maybe if I put the hamper somewhere else, somewhere where i can actually keep it open all the way...but there is such a lack of space and time to reorganize. Le Sigh.

I am feeling a little bit better about my life today. Maybe it's because I'm recognizing that I'm taking all these steps to improve myself, or maybe it's because I made a choice that I won't be the victim of a situation anymore. I'm usually not the one who is making themselves victim to circumstance, but on occasion i slip up, and have to remind myself that, yes I am a strong girl, and yes I can get through this. Heck, not only will I get through it, I will be such a better person for it.

I love the coffee shop atmosphere. I love the smells, the sounds, the people. And free internet is good too. We are featuring a new Italian Dark Roast this month, and I have officially fallen in love with it. If only I had a French Press at home, I could enjoy it properly. That is going to be the very first item on my Christmas list for shiz.

I recently bought some Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. It's supposed to be so so so good for you, because there is nothing done to it besides putting it in wooden barrels for aging. I did a little research, and some people were absolutely disgusted by the taste, and saying the benefits are actually from people changing their lifestyles while using it...but I don't care. I'm going to try it. There will always be those outspoken people who have something to say about EVERYTHING.

No comments: