Saturday, December 20, 2008

Black eye shadow and eyeliner lipstick

Tonight I will don a black unitard, and black pointe shoes. Oh and the goth make up will complete the look. Tonight I am a storm crow in The Case of the Missing Nutcracker. An interesting take on the Nutcracker that I still don't fully understand. And I'm dancing in it. I read the synopsis, and it still doesn't really make sense to me. The synopsis is really a retelling of the whole story in complete and minute detail. You would think this would make it easier to understand...but i still feel like I'm out of the loop.

It's the final weekend of shows. After tonight's we have two shows on Sunday and we're FREE until we have to be back and rehearsing for First Night Annapolis. And we've been so into Nutcracker stuff no one has really had time to think about what we might be performing that night. But for some reason I have always hated new years, so I'm glad to have something to do and some place to be. And I think I might be paid for this gig too.

Today was the first time I saw a cat projectile vomit. My room mate thought it would be a good idea to pick him up as he was gagging so he would be barfing on the bathroom floor instead of the carpet. Needless to say I dashed out of the way of some flying liquids. It was incredibly gross yet slightly funny.

My life as of late has been full. Full of rehearsing and trying to keep up some semblence of a social life, and also getting a decent amount of sleep. I've been noting more and more how important it is to be positive and just laugh...it's gotten me through a lot of tough situations lately. I'm hoping that these next few days off I will be able to find time to try and plan out my future, but with my sister and her boyfriend visiting for the holidays, I'm not sure that will be possible.

Oh well.
Namaste.

No comments: